What can cause headache and migraine pain?
- They can be a result of muscle contractions in the head or neck regions, it can also appear from bright screens, loud music, hunger, emotional/mental stress, low iron levels and not getting enough rest.
What are common signs?
- Sensitivity to light
- Stiff neck
- Pain that stays in one spot
- Generalized neck pain
What types of exercise help headaches and migraine pain?
*Prior to excercise it's important to get assessed by a regulated healthcare professional so the proper treatment is in place*
- Start by lying down on your back
- Roll a small towel and place is behind you neck
- Bring your chin towards your chest without lifting your head up from the towel (sort of like making a double chin)
- Hold position for 8-10 seconds and repeat up to 10 times
Shoulder blade retractions:
- Start by sitting upright with good posture
- Start by pulling you shoulder blades together and hold this for 8 seconds
- Return to starting position
- Repeat up to 10 times
Neck Stretches- Upper trapezius stretch:
- Start by sitting in a upright position with good posture on a chair
- Place your hand on your head
- Gently pull your head toward your shoulder
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Repeat 3 times on each side